WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE
Acupuncture is a comples branch of ancient Chinese medicine, but its practical principles and methods are easily understood:
1. Fourteen major energy channels called meridians course through the human body including the head, arms, hands, legs, feet, torso, and internal organs.
2. A subtle energy called Qi (pronounced chee) circulates via the meridians to all parts of the body, even the most remote cells.
3. Qi is the vital force, the presence of which separates the living from the dead. It's balanced, unimpeded flow is critical to sound health.
4. Any misdirection, blockage, or other derangement of the amount, flow, or balance of Qi may result in pain, dysfunction, and ill health.
5. With acupuncture needles, or other means, the acupuncturist stimulates certain points (acupoints) along the course of the meridians. Such stimulation helps restore the normal balance and flow of Qi so organs and bodily systems can work together in harmony as intended. This sets the stage for the body to repair itself and maintain its own health.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BE TREATED WITH ACUPUNCTURE?
In Chinese medicine's terms, acupuncturists treat an imbalance of Chi, but in Western terms they treat hundreds of symptoms and conditions with positive results, among conditions with positive results. Among conditions most frequently treated are the following:
Joint pains and back pains
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Injury resulting from accidents
...as well as many more